|The program is fully conducted in English and fits the needs of students for acquiring new skills and knowledge while learning about the tradition of another European country and its diverse culture.|
International Carnival School (INCASO) is an international student program in Marketing and Entrepreneurship held during the Rijeka Carnival program. Besides the educational aspect, that is revised each year, INCASO offers cultural immersion into the traditions of the Croatian Northern Adriatic region and participation into the biggest project by the Rijeka Tourist Board – the Rijeka Carnival. The educational dimension of the INCASO program includes skills and knowledge students gain in the field of marketing and entrepreneurship. The emphasis is on teamwork, cultural experiences, and innovativeness.
The cultural dimension of the program is in its close connection to one of the longest and most famous traditions of Rijeka and the surrounding area.
The idea to form this student program has risen from the need to develop innovative interdisciplinary projects that connect an international audience with the local community. Additionally, this project gives an opportunity for international students to learn about, but also experience, the unique European cultural heritage that Croatia offers, and that is an integral part of Europe as a community, and hence belongs to all Europeans.
|INCASO merges the cultural experience and an educational program that aims at developing students’ knowledge in entrepreneurship and leadership.|
- provide a culturally enriched experience, and familiarize international students with the carnival festivities of Rijeka and the surrounding area
- acquaint the students with the traditional and modern aspects of the European carnival tradition and the Rijeka Carnival tradition
- provide participants with skills and knowledge in leadership, entrepreneurship and team management
|Students will work in project teams, whose final goal is to develop a new service, product or event related to the Rijeka Carnival.|
This program can be attended by BA and MA level students with an interest in developing knowledge about entrepreneurship, marketing, and creative techniques, as well as developing communication skills and teamwork skills by working in international student teams. Students who enroll into the program ought to have the knowledge of:
- basic economic terms
- basic marketing tools, with an emphasis on digital marketing
- basic understanding of leadership and management
- English language proficiency minimum B2 level (CEFR)
The INCASO 2018 specific information*
05. – 12.02.2018
Business School PAR, Rijeka
Final application deadline: 24.01.2018.
The specific goals of the 2018 program are:
- To provide a culturally enriched experience, and familiarize international students with the carnival festivities of Rijeka and the surrounding area .
- To acquaint the students with the traditional and modern aspects of the European carnival tradition and the Rijeka Carnival tradition.
- To provide participants with skills and knowledge in leadership, entrepreneurship and team management.
Students will work in project teams, whose final goal is to develop a new service, product or event related to the Rijeka Carnival.
- Lectures on Croatian and European Carnival Tradition
- Creative Leadership and Creative thinking techniques
- Marketing Strategies and the modern media
- Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development for the future
|Venue: Business School PAR, Rijeka, Croatia, 5th – 12th , February, 2018.Registration deadline: 21st January 2018.
Fee: 510 EUR
Head of PAR International Office